- £1520 per week
- £217 per night
- 10 Guests
- 5 Bedrooms
- 5 Bathrooms
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 10 single Zip&Link beds
- Washing machine
- Tumble dryer
- 5 bathrooms
- Towels provided
- En-suite bathroom
- Travel cot
- Open fire or woodburner
- Sky TV
- Games room
- Hot tub
- Bathrobes and slippers provided
- Welcome pack
- Countryside views
- Sea or coastal views
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Enclosed garden
- Outdoor storage
- Private parking
- Rural location
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
- As some bedrooms at this property offer flexible bed configurations (see property description) please ensure you state your preferences in the booking note field of the website booking page so that the housekeeper can prepare the property for your arrival.
A fantastic Northumberland cottage with hot tub!
Hastings House is a 5 bedroom, 5 bathroom detached holiday house which sleeps up to 10 people, plus 2 cots for infants. Well behaved pets are also welcome. It is ideally situated to appreciate the facilities offered by the village of Seahouses, and is ideal as a base to explore further afield, whether you wish to walk, golf, dive, birdwatch, horse ride, visit a castle or two, a historical garden or just generally sightsee. This purpose built holiday house has been designed to provide the very best in holiday accommodation and this has been reflected in it being awarded the highest accolade from Visit Britain - 5 * Gold Award along with their Pets, Walkers, Cyclists and Families welcome awards.
Whether you are looking to relax and chill out in our Hot Tub - which has been done even in the midst of a November hail storm by one group of guests - or you prefer to use the house as a base for summer walking, family get togethers, or to spend time with friends from across the miles who you've not seen in a while. Catering for 10 - that's big kitchen style catering - huge pans and beautiful white china to serve that celebration meal, even outdoor "crockery & glasses" for the barbie or pop it in the wicker basket for a beach picnic. Check out the ice-cream maker, bread machine and 30 cup water boiler too! Space for everyone, our bedrooms aren't massive but they have everything you'll need with flexible beds - super kingsize doubles or twins, 3 have ensuite shower rooms, and with a further family bathroom upstairs, and a family shower room downstairs, this means each bedroom has its own facilities. There are 7 televisions, yes 7, in the property, each bedroom, the lounge and the dining room, the latter being connected to two independent sky packages, there's also a DVD player and a Playstation.
- Enter through front door into entrance porch
- Hanging area for outside wear and shoe rack
- Utility cupboard containing cleaning items, first aid kit, baby box and k9 box
Catering for 10 - that's big kitchen style catering - huge pans for the "spag bol", and beautiful white china to serve that celebration meal, even outdoor "crockery & glasses" for the barby or pop it in the wicker basket for a beach picnic. Check out the ice-cream maker, bread machine and 30 cup water boiler too!
- Range style cooker with double oven, grill and ceramic hob, extractor.
- American fridge/freezer with chilled filter water and ice faciilties
- Large deep belfast style stainless steel sink
- Krupps filter coffee/espresso machine
- Pop Corn machine (small)
- Two 12 place setting dishwashers
- Granite work surfaces including central island
- Catering size quality pans and cookware
- Quality white porcelain crockery
- Quality Viners cutlery including 3 sets of children's cutlery (stainless steel)
- Glasses for every occasion
- Storage boxes
- Outside "melamine" picnic ware, picnic basket and plastic glasses.
- A through room from the kitchen separated by the double sided log burner
- Large oak dining table craftsman made especially for the house 13' long x 4' wide , and easily seating up to 12
- Huge painted and oak dresser containing table ware and glasses
- This room is great for dining, but also tends to be used to gather, chat, play board games or watch a movie
- Large flat screen TV with Sky package
- Ipod dock
- Access to decked area and hot tub
- Spacious upstairs room bisected by stair case with Juliette balcony and views over farmland to the sea and Beadnell village
- Large comfortable sofas
- Log burning stove
- Large flat screen TV with sky package
- Music station - CD/Radio
- DVD player & DVD's
- Playstation 2 games station & games
- Wii with Sports package - you are welcome to bring your own games to use.
- Rear part of the lounge offers a quiet seating area, library of books, games, jigsaws etc.
Bedrooms & Bathrooms
Space for everyone, our bedrooms aren't massive but they have everything you'll need with flexible beds - super kingsize doubles or twins, 3 have ensuite shower rooms, and with a further family bathroom upstairs, and a family shower room downstairs, this means each bedroom has its own facilities.
- 2 bedrooms which can be super kingsize doubles (or if you request it 3' twins), one is ensuite shower room with whb and wc, the other uses
- Family shower room - 1700 wide shower, easy access for those with mobility problems, whb and wc
- Third bedroom is a flexible kingsize zip and link double, and is ensuite with shower room, whb and wc.
- Both rooms are superking or twin.
- 1 room is ensuite with shower room, wc & whb
- The front bedroom has double doors out onto a balcony with similar views to the lounge, this room uses the adjacent
- Family Bathroom, bath with shower over, whb and wc.
The garage is multi-functional offering
- A games room with multi-games table
- Washer drier and a hanging line for drying outdoor gear.
- Storage for cycles or leisure equipment
There are 7 televisions, yes 7, in the property, each bedroom, the lounge and the dining room, the latter being connected to two independent sky packages, there's also a DVD player and a playstation.
In the lounge library you'll find not only a good range of books and paperbacks (feel free to do swaps with those you've brought and read), but also Playstation games, cd's and DVD's.
- Large flat screen tv in the lounge
- Large flat screen TV in dining room
- SKY package including sports and movies channels and multi room allowing viewing of different programmes on different TV's
- 5 bedroom TV's freeview with ability to show SKY programme from lounge SKY box.
- Music station - cd/radio
- Cd's and dvd's
- Playstation 2 games station & games
- Wii with sports package.
- Books, games, jigsaws etc
- Multi-games table - pool, table football, hockey etc (10 games in all)
- Grand size outdoor chess game
- Wi-Fi - Fast BT fibre internet access
- Hot tub
You are welcome to bring your own games for Wii or Playstation.
Outside Facilities @ Hastings House
- Decked area with tables and chairs
- Hot Tub - please check the rules of use
- Deck Chairs
- Rear Courtyard with grand size chess game
- Play area
- An roll of approx 2m x 2m artificial grass is supplied for use on rear courtyard or deck area.
- Laundry drying area with washing line etc
- Driveway with parking for up to 5 cars (depending on size - (Toyota Avensis for example))
- Log store
- Recycling area
What's Included at Hastings House
- Bedding (duvets), bed linen, towels (hand & bathsheet) (not for cots)
- Electricity - the property is heated with underfloor heating throughout the ground floor and all bath/shower rooms.
- Upstairs lounge and bedrooms by controllable convector heaters
- Hot water is provided by solar system to the house with an immersion automated backup
- Hot tub water heating
- Initial supply of logs, kindling, matches for the log burners October to end of March
- Welcome pack - tea, coffee, sugar, milk, sweet treat
- Welcome toiletries - loo rolls, shampoo, shower gel, soaps - eco friendly products
- Cleaning pack - multi-surface cleaner & cleaning cloths (all cleaning products eco-friendly)
- Kitchen pack - washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, washing machine tablets, ceramic hob cleaner
- Welcome folder including information on the house, its appliances, the hot tub, and a good pub guide, dog friendly pub guide
- Wi-Fi - Fast BT fibre internet access
- One wooden cot (not to be used upstairs) and 1 travel cot (Please supply your own linen & towels for infant).
- Stair gate at the top of the stairs is fixed permanently, 2nd push in type of stair gate is available
- High Chair one is provided.
- Baby Box - baby monitor, table corners, beakers, bibs, non-slip bowls, kiddies plastic cutlery
- Steriliser (microwave type)
- Bottle warmer - electric
- Kiddie step
- K9 box - toys for your doggy companion, food bowl, lead, "tie out stake"
- Onsite parking for up to 5 average size cars.
What can be arranged:
- Well behaved dogs welcome (up to 3) £25.00 per dog per week or part thereof
- Additional bathroom towel sets (1 x Bath Sheet & 1 x hand towel)
- Additional High Chair
- Dog crate Medium or Large
- Dog bed (plastic)
- Dog duvet
Children's Facilities @ Hastings House
Children are welcome at Hastings House and we provide the following for our younger visitors
- One full size wooden cot with drop side is available for use in either of the larger ground floor bedrooms,
- a travel cot is available for use on one of the two upstairs bedrooms. We do not provide bedding for either of these cots.
- One high chair is located permanently at the property.
- Two stair gates are located permanetly at the property.
- A baby box is located in the hall cupboard containing some essentials incase you have forgotten anything.
- A microwave steriliser is provided.
- Two sets of Toddler cutlery is provided.
- Toys and a games table in the garage, a library of books, games, a playstation 2 and games and internet access.
- a moveable area (approx 4m x 4m) of artificial grass is provided for use outside.
Bringing your dog on holiday
Hastings House welcomes well behaved dogs (up to 2 medium large or 3 small) @ £25.00 per dog per week or part thereof. When you book you will be asked to provide some information about your pet which will aide the owner in ensuring that the property is set up to welcome them.
A bit of K9 etiquette should be observed during your stay:-
- Your pet should not be left in the property unattended (unless crated - crates can be hired)
- Your pet should not be allowed in the bedrooms or on furniture
- On booking for your pet, you are confirming that it is fully up to date on its flea treatment.
The following can be hired -
- Dog duvet
- Plastic dog bed
- Dog crate medium
- Dog crate large
Special Notes and Conditions
- Well behaved pets welcomed by arrangement £25.00 per pet per week or part thereof.
- Note this property has a hot tub over 4' deep and children & dogs, should be supervised in this area at all times.
- Mobile signal in Seahouses can be restricted - EE (T-mobile/orange) is the most consistent provider and definitely works at Hastings House.
- This is a no smoking and no vaping property.
Beautiful house with everything we needed for a family get together. Brilliant location. Looking for an excuse to come back!
The property was very well equipped and had plenty of space for ten adults and an infant. The outside space was secure and safe. There was ample parking for five cars. The beds were comfortable and everyone appreciated having access to their own bathrooms. There was plenty of hot water at all times. The instructions for the house and the welcome visit from a member of staff were all good. One of the best houses we have holidayed in and near to lots of places we love. Hastings House was one of the best holiday homes I have ever booked. It accommodated ten adults, an infant and a dog in comfort. It was very well equipped and beautifully presented. I would highly recommend the property. We also received an excellent service from Stay Northumbria. Hastings House was one of the best holiday homes I have ever booked. It accommodated ten adults, an infant and a dog in comfort. It was very well equipped and beautifully presented. I would highly recommend the property. We also received an excellent service from Stay Northumbria.
An excellent property which has everything you need. It is a perfect design for a large party and very well equipped in every room. The basket of tea, coffee and biscuits was a lovely welcome touch. The location is quiet in the old part of the village about 15/20 mins walk into Seahouses. There is a good coastal bus service and a bus stop just a couple of minutes away. We enjoyed local walks from the property to Beadnell and Bambrough both of which are on the bus route to catch a bus back. All in all a great place to stay.
Very enjoyable holiday for all the family. Stay Northumbria were very helpful and the property was very good and had everything one would need.
Booked Hastings house to celebrate several milestone birthdays, a great house for couples, very well equipped and of a high standard, we all throughly enjoyed it
We stayed here for a long weekend in March. The weather was varied but there was plenty to do both inside the house and close by. Fantastically kitted out kitchen- our kids loved the popcorn machine. We cooked Sunday lunch for 10 and it was a breeze due to the space and set up. Lovely little stroll away from Seahouses which has something for all ages. Hot tub was great with really clear instructions,loved that extra towels for hot tub use were provided. Great size house, didn’t feel on top of one another. Bathroom each meant mornings were a breeze. Booking team were great,well organised and plenty of contact options for out of hours if we needed them.
Brilliant holiday house with attention to detail on what guests need. Even with inclement weather plenty of games and house warm. In a party of 10 female work colleagues for short break, the flexible bed configuration and 5 bathrooms were ideal.Staff from Stay Northumbria very helpful, nothing too much trouble. Would highly recommend this company and Hastings House.
What a great house. It is so well equipped, clean and comfortable. So perfect for our group of 10. The booking team were excellent too
The house was perfect for a family of 10. Everything you need and more besides, kids loved the popcorn maker and the hot tub was a great hit. Would defiantly recommend Hasting House for a family get together, so much space for everyone and the area is great.
We are a group of ladies between 45 and 55 and lead busy lives from mental health nurse teachers oncology nurse travel agent manager all with children so we get away once a year together this is our 7 th year and I have to say this was definitely at the top , Beth who did the welcome meeting was so lovely and informative the place was immaculate comfortable and they had thought of everything we will definitely be back thankyou so much
Hastings house was even more lovely than the photographs depicted. It was clean, organised and very well equipped. We had a great welcome and the team were happy to make recommendations about the local area. We really enjoyed the hot tub and the kitchen/dining room was a great place to entertain. Unfortunately we could only stay for two of the three nights which detracted slightly from the good value. Overall, I would return to the property and recommend it for groups looking for a very comfortable venue to relax in in a quiet area.
A beautiful property conveniently situated for the delights of the Northumberland coast and countryside.It is extremely well equipped, and comfortable, with lots of space. Highly recommended.
Our stay at Hastings House was excellent, it was very clean
Walking distance to nearest pub/eatery - less than 5 minutes
Walking distance to shops - 10 minutes.
Walking distance to Beadnell - 2.5 miles
Walking distance to Bamburgh - 3 miles.
Driving : within easy reach of Alnwick, inland the Cheviot Hills and northward the border town of Berwick upon Tweed.
Nearest Rail Station - Chathill (very limited service from Newcastle), main line Alnmouth.
Nearest Airport : Newcastle International
Nearest Main Bus Station : Alnwick - however, direct routes to Seahouses available from both Berwick and Newcastle.