- £435 per week
- £62 per night
- 2 Guests
- 1 Bedroom
- 1 Bathroom
- 2 Pets
Beds & bedrooms
- Bed linen provided
- 1 king/super-king bed
- 1 bathroom
- 1 WC
- Towels provided
- Welcome pack
- Pony trekking/horse riding
- Enclosed garden
- Private parking
- On one level, no stairs
- Ground floor WC
- Ground floor bedroom
- Ground floor bath/shower room
- Walk-in shower
Important - please note
- Check in: 16:00
- Check out: 10:00
As featured on "Love Cottages" 8 Travel Hot Spots - March 2016
A little gem, in its own private setting, the Garden Room is just that - a log cabin, with wi-fi, finished to a high quality offering bedroom, lounge/diner, kitchenette and shower room, beautiful secluded enclosed garden and dog friendly.
Handy for Newcastle City centre - 7 miles by road, 2 miles to the Metro train station for easy Whitley Bay and City Centre access.
The Garden Room has been designed and built by its furniture designer owner, as additional overnight accommodation for their family - now grown, the accommodation has been recently upgraded and extended to offer a lovely garden annexe with views over the open fields towards Earsdon, its church, and Whitley Bay, from its dining area, and the enclosed garden which provides a lovely area to sit out and enjoy the peace.
Its location makes it an ideal base for those wishing to explore the sights and sounds of the City of Newcastle, or excape the hurly burly to the coastal resorts of Whitley Bay, and Tynemouth with its pavement cafe culture.
There are numerous areas to walk and explore in the area, with local beaches approximately 10 mins drive away. A popular local pub "The Beehive" serves gourmet food and is only 1 mile away with tables in their garden for summer eating. Less than 5 minutes walk away is a local market garden and coffee shop offering super breakfasts, lunch and afternoon tea at a reasonable price. St. Marys Lighthouse on its own little island is an approx. 15mins drive. Also bus route nearby.
Enter the property via the rear door into the kitchen
The kitchen in the garden room is compact but has all you need to make a quick cuppa and sandwich or cook a supper for two, with fridge, microwave combi oven/grill, and hob.
Off the lounge is the bright and airy dining area, with double doors opening onto the garden.
The lounge is a comfortable area with large sofa and easy seating, Wi-fi, Flat screen TV and beautifully decorated.
Bedroom & shower room
The bedroom has a king size double bed, bedside cabinets, wardrobe and wash hand basin. Views across the garden from full height windows.
Shower room with wc and whb.
Games & books
The garden is well kept and designed as a traditional cottage orchard garden including outside furniture and a small gazebo, a beautiful area to take full advantage of sunny weather in a quiet, private spot.
Parking for 1 car.
- All bedding, bed linen, towels
Bringing Your dog on Holiday
The Garden Room welcomes well behaved dogs (up to 2 small or 1 medium sized ) @ £25.00 per dog per week or part thereof. When you book you will be asked to provide some information about your pet which will aide the owner in ensuring that the property is set up to welcome them.
A bit of K9 etiquette should be observed during your stay:-
- Your pet should not be left in the property unattended (unless crated - crates can be hired - see what can be arranged on the main description tab)
- Your pet should not be allowed in the bedrooms or on furniture
- On booking for your pet, you are confirming that it is fully up to date on its flea treatment.
Special Notes and Conditions
- Dogs are charged at £25.00 each per week or part thereof.
- Heating is electric, the property has mains water and waste.
- The property is managed by the owner who lives on site.
- The property is adult only, although infants under 6 months sleeping in a travel cot can be accept by arrangement, however there are no special facilities for children and guests should bring everything they require for an infant including travel cot and linen.
It was lovely, cosy and warm. The bed was lovely. Afternoon tea when we arrived was very much appreciated.
Good off road dog walking straight from the property.